ID Protect is administered by CLC Incorporated (CLC), a leading provider of Legal, Financial and Identity Theft benefits and plans for Employee Assistance Programs, corporations, insurance companies and national marketing entities throughout the United States and Canada.
CLC provides services to over 23 million households and 15,000 corporations. With its combined strength and over 24 years experience serving the needs of employees and consumers, CLC has become the "leader in affordable legal, financial and identity theft prevention programs." Approximately 5 million households have access to CLC’s identity theft services and programs.
At a Glance - As an ID Protect Member, you get:
- Continuous 24/7 “Identity Monitoring” with fraud alerts for
- Unlimited access to a highly trained Fraud Resolution Specialist™ to assist in restoring your identity.
- Free 60 minutes telephone consultation with an MSA ID Protect Financial Counselor to assist in rebuilding your credit.
- Free 60 minutes consultation with an attorney. After initial
consultation, member may retain attorney at a discount.
- Up to $1,000,000* in Unauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer coverage for personal checking and savings accounts, including up to $25,000* in identity theft expense reimbursement.
The Details - ID Protect Offers a Wide Range of Services That Include:
24/7 Identity Monitoring Benefits: (Member Authorization Required)
- Identity Monitoring Alerts: Receive alerts for suspicious activity against your Social Security Number (SSN).
- SSN Alerts: Receive alerts for non-credit activities such as DMV, real estate and criminal activities under your SSN.
- Notifications: Member’s are notified of accounts opened in their name and changes made to their address.
- Counseling Assistance: Receive assistance with identity monitoring changes and related issues.
- Personalized Attention: Receive personalized attention for your identity monitoring concerns and needs.
Fraud Resolution Assistance:
- Fraud Resolution Specialists™: Unlimited access to highly trained specialists who conduct 7 emergency response activities within (2) business days. The member receives investigations and advocacy under a power of attorney.
- Credit Report Review: Help member obtain a free copy of their credit report. Review report with member to investigate any suspicious activity and correct errors.
- Fraud Alert: Assistance in placing “Fraud Alerts” on member’s credit report and with creditors.
- Restoration: Assist members with restoring their identity and good credit reputation.
- Free ID Theft Emergency Response Kit™ provided if a breech in security or identity occurs.
- Administration: Administer the costly steps to dispute fraudulent debts as a result of Identity Theft.
- Case File: Creates a case file to document actions taken during the resolution process.
- Document / Letter Preparation: Prepare all necessary documents and letters for a member’s signature.
- Free Consultations: Receive a 60-minute telephone consultation with an ID PROTECT Financial Counselor. Counselors are in-house financial professionals who can assist with credit counseling, restoration strategies, credit report analysis and tax planning, all of which may have been seriously impacted by Identity Theft.
- Free Consultations: Members are entitled to a free initial 60-minute consultation with an attorney on each new issue involving theft of their identity. After the initial consultation for any matter concerning theft of the member’s identity, the participating attorney may be retained at a preferred rate reduction of 25% off of the attorney’s standard
hourly or fixed fee rates.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement:
*Identity theft insurance underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
- Up to $1,000,000 in Unauthorized Electronic Funds Transfers from the members personal checking and savings accounts, including up to $25,000* Identity Theft Fraud Expense Reimbursement: $0 deductible for certain fraud related expenses such as lost wages, notary and certified mailing costs, long distance phone charges, filing fees, reasonable attorney fees and costs when appointed by insurance company. May also include defense costs for certain civil suits.